Things I’m learning as I sit:
- In a relationship, two halves do not make a whole. Broken does not mend broken.
- I want to believe there is good in the world – sometimes I do nice things for other people just to prove it to myself.
- You absolutely cannot give what you do not have. It will deplete you both if you try.
- We are all stunningly differently abled.
- “It’s going to be okay” no longer means the storm has passed. It means I have everything I need to endure it.
- You cannot fill a cup with a hole in it. I am a previously unexamined leaky cup.
- All people want to be heard, acknowledged and above all else, loved. There is never too much or enough love.
- The only way out is through. Note: Through sodding hurts.
All are advice I could have absently given any friend a week ago. Now, the familiar is unfamiliar and so deeply known all at once. How sincerely lovely.
Give ‘Em Hell