Things I’m learning as I sit:
- In a relationship, two halves do not make a whole. Broken does not mend broken.
- I want to believe there is good in the world – sometimes I do nice things for other people just to prove it to myself.
- You absolutely cannot give what you do not have. It will deplete you both if you try.
- We are all stunningly differently abled.
- “It’s going to be okay” no longer means the storm has passed. It means I have everything I need to endure it.
- You cannot fill a cup with a hole in it. I am a previously unexamined leaky cup.
- All people want to be heard, acknowledged and above all else, loved. There is never too much or enough love.
- The only way out is through. Note: Through sodding hurts.
All are advice I could have absently given any friend a week ago. Now, the familiar is unfamiliar and so deeply known all at once. How sincerely lovely.
Give ‘Em Hell
One Comment Add yours
Life is full of uncertainties, and with those uncertainties looming ahead of us all we can do certainly is love. Love ourselves and love one another. Xoxo